Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Return to the Land

Four years ago, during the summer of 2006, the Lord brought me to Israel for the first time. It was a life-transforming experience. When I left, I knew I would return... the next time for an extended stay. Well, "next time" is here and became very real as I traveled up through the hills of Judea into the land of Bejamin. After 4 years of grueling work and study, (and a very long day of taxis, airports, and airplanes) I am back in the land that my heart longed to experience again.

Officially, my reason for being in Israel is an internship for my ThM program at Dallas Theological Seminary. I will be spending the summer participating in a number of things including an archaeological dig, study programs at the University of the Holy Land, church toursim, and video production. It is a thrill to have the opportunity to work with and serve such a variety of ministries and organizations.

More than the academic experience, however, I am praying that this time will be a time of refreshment, renewal, and vision-casting for what comes after Seminary. When I was here last, the Lord moved in my heart to consider full-time Seminary studies. My prayer is that during my time here this summer, He will again provide vision and clarity for what comes after I graduate next May. I am also very weary from my studies and look forward to the refreshment He is already starting to pour out on me.

The last few weeks have been an all-out marathon with school, work, and travels. Unfortunately, that has left little time for me to reflect on my summer adventure. But, God is patient and waited for me to finally take a breath so that He could bring things into perspective. This aftenoon, as I sat on the plane and began to pray, He led me to Ps. 37. This is where the journey begins...

Trust in the Lord and do good;
Dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness.
Delight yourself in the Lord;
And He will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the Lord,
Trust also in Him, and He will do it.
He will bring forth your righteousness as the light
And your judgement as the noonday.
Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him.
(Ps. 37:3-7a)


Shalom...

K

1 comment: